“So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbably, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.” – Christopher Reeve
I just love this quote. I found it several years ago, and in many ways it became my mantra. It so beautifully expresses what happens when we begin to acknowledge our dreams as more than just a dream…as our potential reality. And when we begin to make that mindset shift we really do move from the abstract future desire to actually living our sacred path. But this can only happen when we find the courage to give our dreams both a voice and space!
EVERY dream you have is worthy of being dreamed and you are worthy of dreaming it! Yes, EVERY DREAM!!! Richard Bach says: “You are never given a dream without also being given the power to make it come true. You may have to work for it, however.”
So today I ask you…Are you living your dreams? If not, what are you waiting for? Why are your deepest desires and most heartfelt dreams taking the backseat?
We all have our reasons for not taking action…and many of them feel really logical. They are things like: I don’t have time. I don’t have enough money. My spouse doesn’t think it will work. I’m too tired. I just don’t know how. (that has been one of my favorites…ignorance is bliss, right?…) Maybe tomorrow. Or when I finish this project.
But really, each of those fantastic reasons is just a way for you to press pause on your dream…and those reasons are nothing more than a logical mask for a deeper fear. It is time for you to courageously lift that mask and explore your deeper fears…it is time for you to begin embracing your dreams.
Here are 5 simple steps that you can take, today, to begin living your dreams!
1. Embrace your dreams. Stop hiding from them. They need a voice. I think sometimes when we feel called to a dream, we feel we need to completely change our life path…quite our job and put everything we have into a dream. But that’s not true. So often the path we already travel is aligned with the path of our dreams…we just can’t see it yet. Embracing your dreams is a way of facing your fears and stepping out of hiding…Embracing your dreams is embracing the destiny that awaits you!
2. Give your dreams a voice. Tell someone about them. This is so important. Choose a person who will hold your dreams sacred and who will also hold you accountable to your dreams. Ask them to lovingly check in on the dream…to see what steps you are taking to bring it to life.
3. Create space for your dreams. This may be as simple as creating a vision board creating, a to-do list, creating a money jar or special account, a sacred alter or ceremony, or even a Pinterest board. Your dreams need a sacred space to be held as their vision ripens.
4. Ask for help. We are not meant to create our reality alone. We are cocreators with the Divine. Asking for help is a sign of strength and commitment.
5. Take action. Our action is a symbol of our belief in our dream. It acknowledges our trust in the Divine. It honors our Divinity. There is no excuse that can possibly outweigh the magnificence of your dreams. Every step of action is essential. You may feel like you’ve missed in the past but every past miss just needs a new perspective. As you continue to step forward, you gain that perspective.
As your first step of action, I would like to invite you to share your dreams in the comments section below.
with much love,
p.s. The Initiation step of the JourneyJewels Guide Certification program is a personal journey designed to support you in actively stepping into YOUR Sacred Path…what ever that path may be.