Happy New Moon!
This is an especially important new moon for many reasons . . . and one of the biggest reasons is because it is the first new moon of 2015.
The new moon is always a point of new beginnings. It is a time when we feel more introspective, we welcome new ideas and inspiration, and we commit to inspired actions that will support us in bringing our dreams to life.
With this particular new moon we may feel a natural drawn to reflect, to look back at what was working and what was not working . . . much like we did early this year in setting our 2015 intentions. But don’t be confused by this ‘looking back’ energy, it is simply showing up for you to close all doorways to life paths that are complete. As you do, you will feel the natural momentum of this new moon propel you forward on the pathway your highest self desires to walk this year.
What is a back door?
A back door is your fall-back, your safety net, your back up plan. It is your alternative path if the one that you are leaping into does not work out as planned.
Yes, it sounds very practical and smart and logical to have a back up plan, but the reality is that keeping the back door open requires energy (time, money, attention, focus, etc). Your vision deserves to thrive, and that can only happen when all of your energy is focused on activities that support you in bringing it to life.
One of the biggest back doors I held tight to was my license as an occupational therapist. This was a fantastic back door. I kept my license with lots of good reasons . . . but mostly ‘what-if’s’ that only supported my deepest fears of failing. Last summer I closed that door and decided not to renew my license . . . oh my goodness the freedom and power that came with it are immeasurable!
This Ritual is Powerful for times in your life when . . .
- You are welcoming a new vision
- You are wrapping up a calendar year
- You have completed school or a training program and are ready to embark on your career path.
- You are leaving a job or are preparing to leave a job and embark on a new endeavor.
- You feel like something has been holding you back from fully leaping into your vision.
- A relationship comes to a close (friendships, marriages, partnerships, student / teacher, etc)
- 4 candles
- journal + pen
- optional items include . . . soft music, incense or smudge, drum or rattle, flute, or supportive crystals or stones
1. Begin by focusing your intention with a little journaling . . .
What is the vision you are leaping into?
What do you need to let go of – close the door to – in order to fully leap?
Are you ready to let go of this? Why or why not?
Is there anything that needs to be completed, healed, or honored before you can close the door? If so, take time to do that before beginning the next steps of this ritual.
Clarify the back doors you are closing…limit this to 1 – 3.
Clarify your intention and write it in an “I Am” statement.
2. Place a candle in each direction (South, West, North, East).
The candle in the East will represent your intention, the pathway you are stepping onto. The other 3 candles, in the directions of South, West, and North, represent the back doors you are closing. In the image below, you can see that I chose red candles for the directions of south, west, and north, and a white candle for the east. The East is the direction of vision. As we open the symbolic door to the pathway of our vision, it is most powerful to open that door as we face the East.
3. Sit facing the candle in the South direction. Focus your awareness on the cycle you are completing, the door you are closing. Feel gratitude in your heart for the journey you have taken down that path . . . for the ways that path has shaped your life. Visualize yourself closing a door. Open your eyes and blow out the candle in the South direction.
4. Make a quarter turn to your right, facing the candle in the West direction. Again, focus your awareness on the cycle you are completing, the door you are closing. Feel gratitude in your heart for the journey you have taken down that path . . . for the ways that path has shaped your life. Visualize yourself closing a door. Open your eyes and blow out the candle in the West direction. Repeat facing the North direction.
5. Make another quarter turn to your right. This time facing the East direction. Bring your intention into your awareness. Feel it in your heart and let that feeling of enthusiasm, joy, love, celebration, anticipation fill your entire body. Imagine there is a door in front of you. Reach out and turn the handle to open the door. As it opens, it opens to the pathway of your intention, step through the doorway and onto that pathway. Open your heart to receiving insights about your next inspired action for bringing your intention to life. Surrender any resistance. Say yes to this path, say yes to your next steps!
I would Love to hear about the back doors your are closing on this new moon and the intention you are stepping into. Please share with us below.
p.s. If you are taking a leap in your life and would like the support of your perfect crystals and stones, I would like to invite you to consider ordering a personalized medicine bundle. This offer is available only once a year…learn more here: https://loriaandrus.com/personalized-medicine-bundles/