Join me for a 3 Day Forest Immersion + Sacred Creation Retreat.
a 3-Day Retreat at Lori’s Forest Sanctuary
on 10 acres of private deep forest land in the Keweenaw Peninsula of Upper Michigan
Friday, September 16th – Sunday, September 18th.
Retreat begins at 3pm et on Friday afternoon and closes at 2pm et on Sunday.
Hello Beautiful Friend,
Fall is a gorgeous time of the year in the forest. It invites us closer as a level of magic and connection emerges. The forest changes color and reminds us to be just as colorful and creatively expressed in our lives.
For years I have been dreaming about the perfect place to host a fall retreat. Then, in 2020 when Chris and I purchased this little space in Upper Michigan I knew this is it. Since then we have been co-creating with the land . . . creating ceremonial spaces along with practical elements to enchance the experience here.
This fall retreat is the first experience I am hosting in our forest sanctuary.
It feels very personal, sacred, and intimate for me . . . and I hope that you to feel that love and personal connection as you move through this page. This is not an event I am publically sharing, but rather one of personal invitation, honoring the sacred and intimate experience being created here.
As we move through the Lion’s Gate Portal we are being activated to a new level of expression. Our energy is coming into a new level of alignment and we (both individually and collectively) are being called to more wholly and powerfully shine our light. We are being called to lead in new and meaningful ways.
This retreat is a space to sink deeper into that energy and create a unique, personal talisman to amplify the energy and support you in further weaving your magic in the world.
This is a small, intimate group experience. Just as you have been personally invited, so has each of the other particiapants.
This event will happen at my Forest Sanctuary . . . a primative yet magical space in the Keweenaw Peninsula of Upper Michigan.
On this page you will find more details about the event as well as this location, where to stay, and what to expect.
I would truly be honored if you would join me.
Do not hesitate to ask me any questions or check in along the way.
with love and joy, Lori
Here’s what you can expect.
2 – 3pm et Gather.
3pm – Opening Circle. Sink into the energy of the weekend.
Clarify personal intention.
6pm – Step into Ceremony – Activate Intentions.
7pm – Nature and reflection time.
7:30 – Community Dinner.
10am – Circle time to share reflections and glean insight from the previous day.
11am – Guided shamanic journey to connect with the essence and energy of crystal talisman.
12pm – Personal ritual. Nature and reflection time.
1 -2pm – Lunch
2pm – Gather items for sacred creation.
Energetically attune to the items selected for creation.
3pm – Creation time.
6pm – Dinner.
7pm – More creation time.
8pm – Sink deeper into personal ritual to attune with your sacred creation
10am – Circle time to share reflections and glean insight from the previous day.
11 – 12pm – Closing Ceremony to activate creation.
12:30 – 1:30pm Light lunch before departing.
A Talisman is . . .
a mindfully created sacred object that harnesses the energy of your personal intention and the vibrations or your crystal allies to open a pathway for actualizing your soul’s deepest desires and highest visions!
During this retreat you will be supported in creating a talisman that matches both your soul needs and stylistic preferences.
Your Talisman can be a medicine staff, an adornment, a talking stick, a feather wand, used to adorn a sacred tool such as a drum, singing bowl, or rattle.
We will work together to bring your sacred item to life.
Many materials will be provided for you to work with.
I will support and guide you with creative process and technique to the best of my ability so that you feel amazing about what you create.
And most importantly we will work together to weave lots of magic and energetically align your creation with your highest vision.
*** PLEASE NOTE ***
– Prior to this event we will connect about your creation. It is helpful to consider what you would like to create and any specific materials you may need.
– I will do my best to have an abundance of materials available. That said, there are times when I simply do not have specific or specialty materials . . . for example specific feathers, crystals, other found objects or more specialty types of materials. Often these are specific items spirit guides you to in your perfect timing. They may or may not be in your hands before or during the retreat. Quite often they show up after a creation is in process or has been made. I will support you as best I can with how to procure these items or to come up with a substitute so that you have an amazing creation to amplify your intentions and the sacred work you are here to do!
Join me for this 3-day Forest Retreat
What to Expect in the Forest Sanctuary
Saturday Lunch and Dinner
Sunday Light Lunch before departing.
light snacks, drinking water, coffee and assorted tea will be provided.
* Please notifiy us of any dietary restrictions, limitations, or preferences. *
** Vegetarian options will be available with all meals. **
The Forest Sanctuary is Primitive. We are located on a small inland lake near Toivola, MI. Approximately 25 minutes south of Houghton.
Indoor and Outdoor Spaces: We will mostly be outside for this event. But, if it rains, we have the big white canvas wall tent to work within (see picture above). Think glamping tent. This space is heated with a space heater and gets pretty toasty. It’s a wonderful space that is dry and warm.
Parking: There is plenty of space to park.
Bathroom: we rent a port-a-potty and have a hand wash station set up outside.
On the trail: we border on CFR lands and there is an abundance of old logging roads that we use for trails.
On the Water: we have a canoe and life jackets. The water may be warm enough for a swim, so feel free to bring along a swim suit. Our outdoor shower area is a lovely changing room.
By the fire: we have multiple fire rings . . . spaces to be social and space to step into ceremony. We will be using both.
Fall colors: The forest will be colorful and gorgeous at this time. Our land is amidst forested areas and on our immediate 10 acres is an abundance of hardwood trees: Oak, Maple, Birch, and Ironwood.
Cell service, internet, electricity: we are remote, but we have all three of the above. How cool is that?!
Where to Stay
Please note: Overnight accommodations are not included with your registration fee.
Offsite and Onsite options are available.
Please note that onsite accommodations are primitive and space is limited.
Requests will be honored on a first come first serve basis.
On-Site Accommodation Options
2 Primitive Campsites are available for $15/night.
These are available upon a first come first serve basis. If being on site feels aligned for you, message me.
Please note: You will need to provide your own tent and other camp gear.
Water for hand washing and primitive showering is available.
There is an on-site Port-a-potty restroom.
Drinking water is available for day use, but I invite you to bring along a little extra if you are planning to camp.
Off-Site Accommodation Options
Depending upon your preferences for location, comfort, etc. Here are some places to explore.
McLain State Park
Twin Lakes State Park
Other Logistical Nuggets
Forest Sanctuary Location
We are located approximately 30 minutes south of Houghton, MI off Hwy 26.
Precise location details and directions will be shared with registration.
The Forest Sanctuary is approximately 2.5 miles from a main access road. The driveway is well maintained and easy to access with a standard vehicle.
Fall Weather in the Forest
Weather is wildly and wonderfully unpredictible. We are located about 10 miles ‘as the crow flies’ from Lake Superior. We are also on the western side of a ridgeline. This means that we have more precipitation and cooler temperatures than other local areas.
The weather changes quickly and while most days are absolutely beautiful, we feel it is important to be ready for anything. During the fall, daytime temperatures are typically between the 60’s-70’s. Evenings and overnight temperatures may be in the 40’s – 50’s.
What to Bring?
– Layers of clothing.
– Rain gear.
– Warm jacket, hat, mittens, scarf.
– Comfortable footwear. From sandles to hikers, bring what you need to keep your feet cozy and comfortable.
– Swimwear. (if you’d like to take a dip in the lake)
– Any materials you would like to use with your creation.
– Preferred snacks. (for yourself or to share or both)
– Ceremonial items that you like to use. (rattles, drums, incense, feather wands, specific ceremonial attire)
– Camp chair. (I do have several chairs on site, but if you have something specific that is easy to bring along, do so)
– Water Bottle and Favorite Mug. (I will have drinking water and warm beverages on site, but it is helpful if you bring along a water bottle or favorite mug. If you have preferred beverages, please bring those as well.)
– Bug stuff. This means something different for everyone. In fall the bugs are typically not too heavy. And we have well cleared trails and spaces around camp. That said, mosquito season has not yet let up. Last fall the ticks were heavy. So far this year they have been mild. We have bug spay (all sorts) along with mosquito repellant coils that we burn (like an incense). If there is something specific you prefer to use, please bring that along.
About Lori A Andrus . . .
Lori is an artist, ceremonial guide, and wisdom teacher. With great joy and deep commitment, Lori artfully blends her background as an occupational therapist with nearly two decades of deep study in the areas of spirituality, earth-based healing, ceremony, and crystal wisdom.
Known for asking spot-on questions, she invites her clients to explore the most intimate facets of their soul. Her creative and inspiring online programs offer breakthrough lifestyle applications and support individuals in rising into their soul wisdom and shining brightly in the world.
Through the Meet Me in Sacred Space Podcast Lori shares practical ways to bring crystal wisdom and sacred practice into your everyday life.