Happy New Moon!
Yesterday’s new moon was a potent day for new beginnings, and as we move towards the winter solstice and enter the winter season, our soul is inviting us to begin new practices that nourish our soul in deep and meaningful ways.
One of the most common questions I receive is about what sacred practices I use to stay grounded.
In this week’s Priestess Pathway Podcast episode we dive explore 24 of my favorite soul nourishing sacred practices.
24 Soul Nourishing Sacred Practices:
- Light a candle.
- Smudge. (Part 1: http://loriaandrus.com/clear-the-air-by-smudging/ Part 2: http://loriaandrus.com/smudging-with-resins-frankincense-myrrh-and-copal/)
- Reflection Journaling.
- Nature time.
- Fire Ceremony. (learn how to create your own fire ceremony here: http://loriaandrus.com/summer-solstice-celebration-rituals/)
- Rearrange your space.
- Clear your space . . . let go of items that no longer match your vision for life.
- Work with you altars. Making a shift there makes a shift in your life.
- Wear carefully selected adornments . . . ones that carry crystals + stones that support your vision for life.
- Work with oracle cards for deeper insight and reflection.
- Take a salt bath (Warm bath full of water, 1 cup epsom salt, + your favorite essential oils . . . you will be saying ‘ahhh’)
- Bring fresh flowers + greens into your home.
- Tune into your crystals for a message or insight.
- Put on some music. Ask your soul what kind of tunes it is needing . . . to get fired up or mellow out. Only you know what tunes will do that for you . . . put them on and find your groove.
- Dance . . . you’ve got the tunes on, move with them. Listen to your body. Let it guide you.
- Make a cup of tea.
- Cooking . . . the repetitive action of chopping vegetables or the pure joy of creating in the kitchen can be deeply soul nourishing.
- Tune into the foods that are most nourishing for your soul. I find this changes with the seasons.
- Get dressed up. Put on something that makes you feel special, alive, and more joyfilled.
- Gentle yoga practices are wonderful as we move toward the introspective winter season.
- Work with essential oils.
- Repetitive projects like knitting, stringing beads, coloring, drawing. They activate your creativity and intuition. Give it a try!
Listen to this week’s podcast episode to discover more ways you can bring these practices into your everyday life:
I would love to hear your favorite Soul Nourishing Sacred Practices . . . . share them below!
Wishing you a magical week!
p.s. Join me for my upcoming Winter Solstice Ceremony livestream. Register here: http://loriaandrus.com/wintersolstice2015/